Thursday, May 16, 2013

Recipe Makeover (Nearly) Vegan Pumpkin Scones - Health News and Views - Health.com

With my canned pumpkin in hand, I set out to make over one of my favorite morning treats: scones. Dense and full of flavor, scones make a perfect breakfast or an easy grab-and-go snack for an afternoon pick me up.

Using this recipe for , I made the following substitutions to create a (nearly, save for one egg yolk) vegan pumpkin scone recipe that even I had a hard time believing was good for me!

These scones far exceeded my expectations. They were not as sweet as a store-bought scone (though a nice glaze replica cartier ballon bleu watch on top could easily up the sweetness if you prefer your scones that way) but just as delicious in their own right. The white whole-wheat flour best cartier replica watch added a nice heartiness without masking the pumpkin flavor. Each substitution above led to a fluffy, almost biscuit-like scone bursting with pumpkin flavor. Overall, another recipe makeover success!

No comments:

Post a Comment